Save Money on Your Water Bill! You pay for every drop of water that flows through your meter. Saving water can save you money by lowering your monthly water bill. The City of Santa Fe Water Conservation Office offers customers home and business financial incentives and rebates to help you save water by increasing your indoor and outdoor water efficiency.
The City of Santa Fe Water Division offers a variety of rebates to encourage customers to conserve water by replacing high use fixtures and appliances with efficient technologies. Please note: This program is for the replacement of high water use fixtures and appliances with efficient technologies at existing homes only; new constructions are not eligible. To qualify:
- New rebates went into effect on May 1, 2016. Items purchased on or after May 1 will be processed using the new terms, conditions and rebate values even if an old application form is submitted.
- Applicants must be a City of Santa Fe Water customer with an account in their name at the service address where the appliance or fixture is installed and at time of purchase.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of purchase. Applications submitted later than that will be denied.
- Receipts must be attached. Applications without receipts will be denied.
New Residential Rebates:
Click HERE for the new combined rebate application.
- High-efficiency clothes washers, including both EnergyStar certified and Consortium for Energy Efficiency Tiers 2 and 3 machines
- High-efficiency toilet (HET) rebates, including WaterSense labeled 1.28 gallon per flush (gpf) and 0.88 gpf models
- Rain barrel rebates
The rebate application process typically takes 60-90 days to complete. The rebate will be applied to the customer’s City of Santa Fe utility bill.
PNM also offers rebates for appliances that save both electricity and water, including EnergyStar dishwashers and clothes washers. You can find out more about their program at www.pnm.com/checkup
Please contact our office at 955-4225 to schedule a pre-application consultation/meeting.
Rebates for HOAs and Condo Boards
If you receive City water but do not have an account in your name because your Home Owners Association’s or Condo Board’s water is master metered, you may qualify for a rebate, (terms and conditions apply). Check with your HOA or Condo Board to see if they are a participant in our Rebate Program Requirements for HOAs and Condo Boards with master meters. Appliances and fixtures purchased prior to the HOA or Condo Board meeting the Rebate Program Requirements ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for a rebate.