Incentives to Save
You pay for every drop of water that goes past your meter. You can make a difference by investing in water efficient appliances, and then take advantage of that investment by applying for indoor and outdoor rebates offered by the city that save you money on your water bill.
Residential customers are encouraged to replace old models with new efficient ones to receive a rebate. Qualifying items include:
- INDOOR REBATES include clothes washers (see EnergyStar certified and Consortium for Energy Efficiency Tiers 2 and 3 machines for qualifying models); and toilets which are WaterSense labeled 1.28 gallon per flush (gpf), 0.88 gpf models.
- OUTDOOR REBATES include rain water catchment containers, irrigation equipment, and "Laundry to Landscape" gray water system.
Commercial water customers can also take advantage of our rebate program after replacing the following qualifying items:
- Toilets, including WaterSense labeled or MaP tested 1.28 gpf, 1.0, and .8 gpf models.
- Pint flush (0.125 gpf) and water free urinals.
- Custom Retrofit Projects. Please note that custom retrofit projects require pre-approval before installation to qualify for the rebate. Contact our office at 955-4225 to schedule a meeting.
HOA & Condo Residents
If you receive City water but don't have an account in your name because your Home Owners Association's or Condo Board's water is master metered, contact your HOA or Condo Board to find out if they have met requirements to participate in the rebate program.
Restaurant Pilot Project
High Efficiency Toilets (HET)
Qualifying models will save you water and money!
Energy & Water
PNM Rebate Program
Don't delay the processing! Be sure to review the following terms before submitting your application:
- Must be a City of Santa Fe Water customer with an account in their name at the address where the appliance or fixture is installed and at time of purchase.
- Submit applications within 90 days of purchase.
- Receipts must be attached.
- Processing typically takes 60-90 days to complete. The rebate will be applied to the customer’s City of Santa Fe utility bill.